Sunday, August 23, 2009

Senior Portraits: Shannon - Olympia | Rochester, NY Modern Senior Portrait Photographer

Senior MAYHEM is in full swing... school is starting back up soon, and yearbook deadlines are closing in. So you'll be seeing LOTS of senior posts in the upcoming weeks.

Tonight's session was special for me though. I've known Shannon for hmm, maybe 3 years now and I just love her to pieces. We've been talking about her portraits forever! The weather was uncooperative for the awesome outdoor adventure we have planned, so this is Part I- studio only.

So let's get to it. A few of my absolute favorites so far! Gorgeous!!

Great yearbook option on this first one!



I try very hard to truly make my senior sessions unique. I've seen way too many cookie cutter studios, where there are a handful of poses & props that are used over & over again in every session. Blah! (Tim is laughing right now, inside joke between me & the hubby. And now I'm laughing just thinking about him laughing. haha. Ok I'm getting off track here, sorry.)

Here's a great example. You won't find a single shot like this before in my portfolio. Love it!



Shannon has been dancing since she was 5. This summer she had the privilege to go to DISNEY WORLD to be part of a performance. How cool is that!! This is the dress she wore for it. She doesn't do serious face easily, but she rocked her inner America's Next Top Model for this one!



And a first for me in the studio... a dance/jump shot. She was way up there!



Can't wait for the outdoor part next week- we have a great location picked out!

Shan, you're awesome, hope you love them so far!!

No comments: