Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Looking ahead to 2010

Wow, I can't believe we're only about 6 weeks away from the end of the year. It hardly seems possible! This year I learned a lot... motherhood is not only the most profound thing I've done on a personal level, but it has helped me grow in a big way professionally too. NOW I GET IT, MOMS.

I learned the studio waiting room needed to be more child-friendly, with less clutter and more toys (which are cleaned obsessively!).

I learned what kids can do at what ages, and how that translates into capturing great images.

I learned that from the time kids are walking until about 4, the session will be hectic, but we'll still get the shots.

I learned that outdoor sessions can be a great option for busy little ones because they can run around and have fun.

I learned that sometimes it's useful to put the camera on a tripod and use the remote trigger.

I learned that some props work well, some don't work at all, and there are some I still need to get.

I learned more techniques to enhance your photos.

I learned that I love bouncing ideas off my new photographer friend (DAILY).

And I learned that there are some changes I want to make for next year!

(That was a really long ramble, so if you're still reading, THANKS, lol. And now for the interesting part that you might actually care about...)

I'll be announcing the first 2010 change (well this is actually an ADDITION) as a sneak peek on the D'Marie Photography Facebook fan page ONLY on Black Friday, November 27th. ARE YOU A FAN YET? Find the icon right here on the blog and become a fan today!

No comments: